Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Birds in the Window

At my office, we have a large sliding glass door in our kitchen that is heavily tinted. As I was filling my water bottle this morning, I noticed several birds trying to break through the glass. Very interesting to see, but we witness this each year.

As I watched them recklessly slam their tiny bodies into the window, I asked myself "why would a bird want to come into our kitchen?" Are they wanting to venture into a new area? Are they curious? Or is it that they see a reflection in the glass -- almost like an imaginary world. I tend to think it's the latter, because each year we have to "wax" the glass to cut down the reflection. As I think about this in a spiritual realm, how many times does God have to "wax the glass" to keep us from hurting ourselves? How many times do we nearly destroy our lives in an effort to venture into an imaginary world? I'm thankful God looks out for our best interests.


Not that I'm trying to get "deep," but it amazes me how we can see the hand of God in everything. All we have to do is look. Have a great day!

No comments: