Sunday, March 8, 2009

A good weekend...

Is it me, or do the weekends seem to go by so fast? It just seems like I was leaving work Friday -- now I am getting ready to go to bed on Sunday. Wow! Time is zipping by.

Daylight Saving Time began today and it was funny to see a few people come into church late. Forgetting to set their clocks forward 1 hour, they were "fashionably late" for Sunday School, but they made it JUST IN TIME for the worship service, which was great by the way.

Pastor Doug preached a thought-provoking message on adultery. He spoke about spiritual adultery and how God wants us to be totally involved with Him. Kind of reminds me of the book "The Scarlett Letter." If you're familiar with this classic, you'll remember how Hester Prynne committed adultery and birthed a child. She was publicly shamed by the townspeople by having to wear a red letter "A." In the eyes of God, we don't physically wear an emblem of shame -- He already sees our heart. Unlike the townspeople, God will forgive us whenever we call upon His name. Thank you Lord for your mercy and grace!

I also had the opportunity to talk to a few of my missionary friends this weekend. Jim Sturgill in Brazil and Casey Jones in Central Asia. Casey helped me setup a program called "Skype," which allows us to use our webcams to talk back and forth. I had the privilege to talk to Jim on Saturday night for about an hour. Jim is only 1 hour ahead of eastern time, but Casey is a whopping 10 hours ahead. Although the time difference causes some issues, it's amazing how small the world becomes when technology is introduced.

Well, it's time for bed. I have a big day tomorrow.

No comments: