Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Today I turn 29

Today I am entering the final year of my life as a twenty-something. I have to admit, it is very difficult for me to think about this. Although my parents keep reminding me that if I don't get older I will be dead, I still can't help but to think about my earthly mortality. As morbid as it sounds, I am realizing that my life is very temporal. Temporal is a word I've heard in church my whole life, but I am finally learning the implications of this earthly death sentence. One day, I am going to die. One day, I will no longer exist upon this earth. My biggest fear is that I will die without having accomplished all that I should have accomplished. This is beginning to create a desire within me to become a more motivated person. Only God knows what the future holds. Only God knows...

No comments: