Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fall is in the air!

As I went to lunch this afternoon, I couldn't help but notice the chill in the air. Fall is just around the corner (which is my FAVORITE time of year, by the way).

We're getting geared up for our big trip to Greeneville, TN this weekend. We've gathered lots of school supplies and I'm picking up more stuff from other local churches on Friday. I'm pretty pumped!

I have no kids of my own, but I've learned a lot from this experience. Walmart has loose-leaf notebook paper for $0.50 a pack and Staples has the SAME EXACT paper for $1.99. I was like "WOW, WHAT A PRICE DIFFERNCE!!!" However, I did get a bunch of FREE folders from Staples. I picked up 60 of the free folders, but when I talked to my kids in my youth group, they said that each person wasn't supposed to get more than 10. The store associates never said anything to me...hopefully the folder-police won't come after me.

So, I guess the rule of thumb is to do your research and try to shop around to find the best bargains.

No comments: